Energy Performance Certificates

All sellers are required to get an energy performance certificate (EPC), showing how energy efficient a property is, within 28 days of putting their property up for sale. The same is required if you planning to rent out your house.

This is a requirement under EU law. The cost of these is usually around £60.

Your Energy Performance Certificate is a certificate showing how energy efficient your property is.  The rating scale is comparable to those of domestic appliances. Around 70% of properties in England and Wales have an energy efficiency rating of band D or above.

From April 2016, if are a producer of electricity through solar power or biomass boiler, you are required to include an EPC certificate when you make your Feed in Tariff application.

You will need to find an accredited person to undertake an Energy Performance Certificate or a SAP Energy Performance Certificate. The government website on Buying or selling your home includes a list of registered accredited professionals.

All information you need about Housing and properties.

  • Trouble began at Birch Grove, South Tyneside with row over Christmas tree
  • Elderly residents intimidated by rowdy behaviour of two tenants
  • Managers called in 24-hour security guard at first to calm atmosphere
  • Now the guard's gone but residents are still said to be fearful

Read more:
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thinking of moving house?

Prepare your house for sale, call Maid2Clean on 0800 0565922 for a Nationwide service that can supply a better cleaner for your home or business. They have offices all over the country and the call is free of charge.